Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Epithets

World Traveler 

I love exploring the beauty of new cultures. I've made friends everywhere from Japan to Sweden. When I visit new places, I stay away from the touristy places and experience the country the way the locals do. I've been the guest of honor in a live-animal sacrifice inside a mosque, danced with a snake charmer, and been served soured whale blubber pulled from the ice. 

Business Owner




I have lived and breathed business for the last two years. I started my business, FishKiss, two years ago with two of my best friends. Since then, I've learned the ins and outs of owning and running a business the hard way. I've made so many mistakes along the way, but I've learned more than I ever could studying business at school.

Motorcycle Enthusiast 


Much to my mother's dismay, I purchased a motorcycle a few days after my 16th birthday. Being a motorcycle from the 1960s I spent more time in the shop then out riding. Since then, I've fixed and sold five motorcycles. I love the wind and the thrill of driving through the mountains on a torque-enhanced machine.

Lover of Nature



Even now, it's hard for me to be sitting inside writing this when I know the weather is nice outside. My greatest memories are with friends out in nature. I enjoy camping, backpacking and most of all, napping in nature. Nature is my escape from the world.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all: what a crazy life! You've seen a live animal sacrifice in a mosque?? Also dancing with a snake charmer is now on my bucket list! I have never left the country because I am crazy poor, but if I did (hopefully someday soon) I have always thought I'd prefer to travel to places that feel more full of the local culture rather than overrun tourist locations. I think most of the reason for travel is to feel the culture of different places and that can be ruined if you are only surrounded by tourists. FishKiss is so cool also so I admire that you were able to do that! A 1960s motorcycle would be so fun to own, but I am sure you're right about spending more time working on it than riding it. I've helped my dad fix up some cars before and I know how much time and effort that takes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have such an interesting life from the way you travel and experience culture to the way that you are committed in having a business that is so cool. I also enjoy nature and I understand that feeling of being outside especially on a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad respect for starting a business. It's always a decent risk doing so, but I have nothing but respect for people willing to take that chance. I totally agree, nature is stunning, and while its not something I always believed, it so relaxing just being surround by its quiet beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super surprised at all you have accomplished. You seem to be very driven and goal centered. I often think about business ideas, but most of them are not obtainable and revolve around some form of outdoor gear. It usually goes like this, “someone should invent a product that does ______ it would make this task so much easier.” If I were to make a business, it would be for some outdoor gear. I have never gotten into street bikes but am an intermediate dirt biker. I have a Honda 250 dirt bike and ride mountain trails. It is street legal but I do not have the nerve to take it out on the roads. There is such a difference in the feeling of driving on dirt and rocks compared to pavement. It is difficult for me to feel comfortable on such smooth surfaces. I bet you get going pretty fast on those motorcycles. I love the feeling of going fast, but I usually stick to skis for my speed, definitely not as fast as your motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of similar businesses to yours! They seem so cool and I plan on going and visiting a fish spa one day. Nature really is amazing. I look forward to going camping every summer and just seeing all the beauty that this world holds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro man you are an absolute savage and I have maaaaaaad respect for you!!! Also, I like the monkey and the motorcycle! Keep it up man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I've always wanted to try the fish kiss spa, it seems too interesting to NOT try!
    And I totally agree with you, when traveling you get a more interesting experience seeing more than just the touristy stuff. You've probably seen things most don't get to see, and that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete